Home and Auto Insurance

If you have bought or just want to get home and auto insurance from one company, then you should know about benefits and features of this bundling.

Home Insurance

Your ZIP Code:

Get cheaper rate on homeowners policy by zip code

Auto Insurance

Your ZIP Code:

Compare affordable deals on auto ins coverage


By taking two policies at the same time, you get coverages from one place, meaning that it will save your money. There are lots of advantages in choosing this variant which will be presented and analyzed below.

Advantages of Combined Policies

Combined policies are considered to be ones of the most convenient. To begin with, you will have to spend less time on it as you don’t have to visit all companies and look for the most appropriate or low rates. Besides, by turning to the same company for its different type of policy, you already know what to wait for. This way, you can avoid any risks or concerns. To add to it, you can narrow your search and just examine the plans of this particular policy. It refers to all rates and deductibles which you have to count just once and not for every company you got on the Internet.

Combined Deals

Talking about companies who offer such combined policies, unfortunately, they are offered not by absolutely all insurers, but most of them. The exception here are those providers that render only health or military insurance plans and it’s the only type of their specialization.

Where to Get

In all other cases, you just need to look through the website as companies are also interested in providing their clients with two plans at the same time. Consumers may get such deals online using zip code, and the whole process will take several minutes.

The most pleasant aspect of this bundling lies in the fact that you will be provided with a profitable deal, a true discount that is worth taking it into account while choosing the combined policy. The concrete sum will depend on the insurer and his options or coverage types. On the whole, you can be offered 2 variants: a percentage from the entire cost of policy or an additional incentive. It’s hard to estimate which alternative will be less expensive at once since that is the insurer who will estimate and calculate everything by providing you with a final sum you need to pay.

It’s also noteworthy that big insurance companies are more likely to offer a great variety of products that are easily combined with each other or even on sale. You can expect to save up to 10-20% by deciding only on bundling. In case if you have received a good deal with 40% for one plan, don’t hesitate to ask about combining home and auto insurance quotes or, on the contrary, home policy so that you could receive about 50-60% on the whole. It refers to a wide range of discounts that you can take and bundle as you like them to be. Also, be ready that while turning to combined policies, some insurers may refuse you to offer bundling as big discounts are not that favorable for them. In this case, look for another provider to save your time and money.

If you are interested in paying for premiums separately, they will be due as the policies themselves. For instance, if you have payed for your car insurance per quarter and for home – per month, you can change these terms. Though some consumers consider bundling a kind of confusing process, then it may seem so only at first when you haven’t got used to different dates. As soon as you change them, it will become simpler and maybe more practical than before.

One more important moment you should pay special attention to is the process of plan cancelling. In order to enjoy your bundling discount during all periods of insurance policy, you will have to maintain them both. When you decide to cancel either of them, your combined discount will be ceased immediately. Therefore, it’s recommended to talk to your representative to solve all issues beforehand. Instead of cancelling, you can simply switch to another coverage or insurance type to save your money if you think that the current one doesn’t do for you anymore.

All in all, combining auto and home insurance is a working tool in saving your money and paying less for those services that are compulsory in our everyday life. If you are aware of all hidden dangers and significant moments that were presented above in this article, you are able to choose the plan which will meet your requirements and specifications in all senses. Just pay attention to them and so you will get an opportunity to have about 50% discount by turning to one insurance company. Thus, all you need to do is to find such an insurer that is reliable and trusty. In a great assortment of them in the market – from Esurance and State Farm to USAA and the Mutual, every client will decide on the one that will protect all aspects of his life since it’s much easier to spend your time once on this search and then to appreciate the evident benefits of this cooperation.